Skip to main content
  • English
  • العربية
  •  
  •  
Home Al Jazeera Media Network

A truly global network

play

Live

Main navigation

  • Who We Are
    • Our Story
    • Vision
    • Mission
    • Values
    • Our Journey
    • Virtual Tour
    • Code of Ethics
    • Editorial Standards
    • Code of Conduct
  • Leadership
  • Our Network
  • Faces
    • Arabic
    • English
    • Mubasher
  • Awards
  • Press Releases
  • More
    • Publications
    • Videos
    • FAQ
    • Press Kit
    • Our Martyrs
play

Live

Al Jazeera condemns attack on Sanaa bureau

Published on: 27 Mar 2015
  • Share
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • WhatsApp

Doha, 27th March, 2015 

Al Jazeera Media Network condemned the invasion of Houthi rebels on its bureau in the Yemeni capital. Armed Houthis stormed the bureau in Sanaa as guards reported that the rebels destroyed security cameras, smashed the entrance door and ransacked the office contents.

An Al Jazeera spokesman said: “We condemn these unacceptable actions. They will however not stop us from continuing our duty as journalists in covering the events in Yemen. We are continuing our comprehensive coverage through our sources in Sanaa and other Yemeni provinces.”

Al Jazeera’s bureau has been operating legally and has been accredited by the Information ministry in Yemen ever since it was established in 1996.  No one was harmed during the raid as the bureau had been recently cleared for security reasons.

The storming of Al Jazeera’s bureau is one among a series of violations against journalists. Ever since the Houthis took over the capital, journalists have suffered several arrests and assaults in addition to banning a number of Yemeni channels.

Al Jazeera says that no one can stop the free flow of information and news these days via all kinds of media platforms. The spokesman added: “It’s tragic to see that in times of conflict, news organisations continue to be targeted. Journalists should have the freedom to do their work of informing the public.”

-Ends-

PRESS RELEASES

Australian Immigration Minister tells Al Jazeera he’s open to Nauru-New Zealand refugee resettlement plan
Al Jazeera to air “My Cuba” in August
Khizr Khan speaks to Al Jazeera about Trump and Republicans
Pakistani politician Imran Khan speaks to Upfront
Al Jazeera Media Network airs first ever live broadcast of global town hall debate with UN Secretary-General candidates on various platforms
101 East report reveals how medical staff in Afghanistan are becoming the casualties of war
Al Jazeera wins silver for “In Search of Putin’s Russia” at the BassAwards
Ten UN Secretary-General candidates to speak at the first ever live broadcast of Global Town Hall Debate Tuesday, July 12th on Al Jazeera English
Al Jazeera Media Network to air First-Ever Live Broadcast of Global Town Hall Debate with UN Secretary-General Candidates on Tuesday, July 12th
A Very Sicilian Justice
London Mayor,Sadiq Khan, voices concerns about Labour leadership crisis but refuses to call for Corbyn to go
Former Malaysian Prime Minister, Mahathir Mohamad, on “UpFront”
  • Load More

About

  • About Us
  • Code of Ethics
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Policy
  • Cookie preferences
  • Work for us

Connect

  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Apps
  • Channel Finder
  • TV Schedule
  • Podcasts
  • Submit a Tip

Our Channels

  • Al Jazeera Arabic
  • Al Jazeera English
  • Al Jazeera Investigative Unit
  • Al Jazeera Mubasher
  • Al Jazeera Documentary
  • AJ +

Our Network

  • Al Jazeera Center for Studies
  • Al Jazeera Media Institute
  • Learn Arabic
  • Al Jazeera Center for Public Liberties & Human Rights
  • Al Jazeera Forum
  • Al Jazeera Hotel Partners
 

© 2025 Al Jazeera Media Network.